The mission of MUD 238 is to purchase, construct, finance, operate and maintain facilities and plants necessary for the supply and distribution of water; the collection, transportation and treatment of wastewater and associated byproducts; and the control and diversion of storm water in a cost effective and financially transparent manner. MUD 238 will also work on projects that benefit the District residents including cooperation with other governmental agencies: local, city, county and state.
- Reduced MUD taxes from $.74 in 2012 to $.54/$100 value in 2016.
- Added MUD Homestead Exemption of 7%.
- Paid down $1 million of outstanding debt reducing remaining debt to less than $20 million. Saving about $800,000 interest payments.
- Renegotiated bond rates for a savings of $679,000.
- Ensure projects undertaken by MUD 238 directly support the mission of the District as stated above.
- Ensure water and sewer operations are uninterrupted during both normal and emergency operations.
- Ensure the longevity of all capital assets by performing regular preventative maintenance, routine inspections and planned replacements.
- Ensure that we continue to receive the highest value for all services and supplies by establishing vendor evaluations every three years that include audits and peer bids. Establish measurable standards for each vendor to drive continuous improvement or form the basis for replacement.
- Secure three competitive quotes as needed before any capital project or service contract is awarded.
- Promote customer satisfaction through financial transparency with regular communication through the Web, e-mails, and meetings, and actively seek new ideas from the residents to improve MUD 238 operations.