- Reduced MUD taxes from $.74 in 2012 to $.51/$100 value in 2017.
- Increased MUD Homestead Exemption to 10%
- Proactive planning prevented Harvey flood damage to any properties.
- Significant District mapping and preventative maintenance improvements.
- Began implementing wireless/smart water meter program.
At the Authority’s Board of Directors meeting held on November 8, 2017, at 20111 Saums Road, Katy, Texas 77449, the West Harris County Regional Water Authority (the “Authority”) adopted increased fees in order to fund the massive water supply projects that are needed to meet the Harris Galveston Subsidence District (“HGSD”) groundwater reduction regulations and to avoid the $8.75 per 1,000 gallons fine that the HGSD imposes for non-compliance.